"Want to learn from pros who have been there, done that, got the deployment t-shirt and then wrote the book? Then this class is for you ..." - Chris O'Neil, President, National Association of Government Communicators
Our workshops are ideal for anyone responsible for communicating with impacted stakeholders and the public during critical incidents that threaten public health, safety or the environment.
- Network and collaborate with professionals in your field, including facilitators who each have more than two decades experience responding to high-profile crises and disasters.
- Start an actionable crisis communication response plan that aligns with your organization's strategies and goals.
- Assess your existing crisis plans to validate or rework what you already have in place.
- Get proven processes, checklists, worksheets and guides you can use to start planning or to insert into existing plans and protocols right away.
- Learn best practices and science-based health risk communication strategies based on the real world experience of veteran first response crisis communicators.
- Learn systemic approaches to identifying your organization's potential exposure to crisis and get a framework for how to plan accordingly.
• The difference between emergencies and crises
• How to build an issues management program
• Simple steps to assessing organizational readiness
• Risk communication strategies, tools and tactics
• Actions organizations can take before a crisis
• A step by step guide for building a crisis plan
• How to get buy-in and support from leadership
• The most important steps in the first 24 hours
• Using social media for emergency management
• The 4-step model for writing key message
• Covello's 7-part model for communicating risk
• Preparing spokespeople for media interviews
• Historical case studies and lessons learned
Workshop registration fees include a networking lunch and free access to our virtual workshop site containing downloadable user guides, checklists, narrated video lessons and interactive presentations (regularly $69.95)